Sunday, February 25, 2007

Upsets. Who'da thunk it?

Hmmm, Alan Arkin over Eddie Murphy. I'm actually a little sad for Eddie. I hope his pretty new girlfriend helps him get over the loss. But that was kind of interesting for Arkin to leave the statue sitting on the stage while he read his little note.

Speaking of ... what's with the little notes this year? Bring back the Black/Reilly/Ferrell factor ... please!

Oh, my. "Happy Feet" over "Cars." If this keeps up, the pundits might be eating their words about the best picture race. Yikes. This is nothing like the year "LOTR:Return of the King" took them all. More caffeine is probably in order.

Technically, animated short should be considered an upset too. I tracked about 8 critics to 1 going for "The Little Matchgirl."

Ooo, kudos to Meryl Streep for whipping off "imperious" at the drop of a hat with Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt. Chilling. And my goodness, another upset: "Marie Antoinette" over "Dreamgirls" for costume.

Good grief. And now, "Pan's Labyrinth" over "Children of Men" for cinematography. Ok, now I'm not worried so much about losing the Office Oscar to Kevin as losing to somebody else.

No comments: