Sunday, February 25, 2007

In the first few minutes ...

... I love the white-screen opening. It reminds me of a few years back when they had everybody from Laura Bush to Woody Allen saying what their favorite movies were. And the riffs on those who've lost multiple nominations ... hysterical!

Ellen's getting in some good digs. And I love the boots!
Quick aside: Abigail Breslin looks sweet and appropriate for a 10-year-old.

I'm liking the color of Jodie Foster's dress. Promising. Maybe we'll get to see all of it?
Ok, the first award does not bode well for my picks this year. But at least Kevin (my editor, with whom competition for these picks can get a little cutthroat) missed it too.

OH MY WORD!! A Will Ferrell and Jack Black duet again --yes! Wait! John C. Reilly, too? We should BE so lucky! More of these acts will keep the show humming right along.

Cute bit with the kids and the short jokes. I swear, these short categories are the hardest ones of all to predict. Oy vey. If I can emerge with even one pick intact, maybe there's hope for keeping the Office Oscar. We'll see ....

No comments: