Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Welcome to the ReD Zone!

They asked me for a description of what I would write about on this blog and all I could come up with was this:

"Random ramblings on the performing arts, pop culture, hot-button controversies, good books, ice cream, friends, life and the occasional feature film. All with the poetry of passionate discussion
thanks to the occasional guest blogger and readers."

I'm serious about guest appearances. If someone out there has a topic that could fall under the description above and you're just so passionate about it you could write a full page, email me via this web site and I'll be in touch. You could find yourself showcasing your opinion underneath the photo of a bespectacled brunette (though I'm informed by our webmeister that additional photos can adorn the not-exactly-hallowed-“halls" here.)

I'm also serious about the "random" and the "ramblings." I'm a stream-of-consciousness writer, so we could cover all sorts of ground here.

Speaking of serious, I confess a serious addiction to ice cream, particularly if it's the homemade ice cream served at Bloomfield's Shark's Custard and Candy shop. If you've never been, it's worth the drive. I've been a faithful fan of the sweet stuff since it was just "Custard and Candy" back in the day. But I'll be sure to go on and on
about that in another posting. For now, back to business:

Monday's cartoon on the Messenger's edit pages spoofed our celebrity-obsessed culture, suggesting that  Brangelina's baby girl got bigger headlines than the latest international disaster. I confess, I haven't read the wires yet to see what weird name the poor child has been christened with, but it's sure to rival ones like Apple Martin, Suri Cruise, Tu Morrow, Fifi-Trixibelle Geldof, or Zowie Bowie. (Oops, wait a minute: “Shiloh Nouvel“ is not the weirdest celeb baby name known to man. That honor most likely goes to Tiger Lily Heavenly Hiraani, whose parents, Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates, were clearly overcome by the green concoction Captain Hook whipped up to sedate Wendy and the Lost Boys at the showing of “Peter Pan“ the couple must have attended just before the birth. )

Personally, the only baby name I'm currently crazy about is that of my second niece, Lily Denae, who will make her debut into the world sometime this week. But that too, is another blog entry for another day.

For now, I'll sign off with a kudos to the fellow bloggers also debuting on this brand-new web site, and a challenge to all the readers we hope will soon be swarming over these e-pages for news and infotainment: We're not going to stop writing, so please, don't stop reading.

(See you soon back here in the ReD Zone!)

No comments: